Heard your wedding day is here, and you are looking at how to prepare your skin for heavy makeup. Worry less, and all your search ends here.
There is no doubt that makeup makes your skin 10X better than the original. Makeup not only enhances your natural features, such as the eyes, lips, and cheekbones but also creates a more polished and put-together appearance. Thus, makeup is essential to bring more confidence to your natural skin. But do you know you require extra effort to prepare your skin for heavy makeup? In this blog, the best bridal makeup artist in Udaipur will tell you how to prepare your skin for heavy makeup.
First, what is heavy makeup?
Being the best makeup artist in Udaipur, we would like to clarify that there is no such thing as heavy makeup. What we call it is complete makeup. Ordinary people often refer to complete makeup as heavy makeup. Heavy makeup, precisely exclusive makeup, refers to a makeup look that includes using many products and multiple layers of makeup. It often involves using numerous products like foundation, concealer, powder, contour, highlight, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick. And, when you turn a bride, it is essential for you to follow complete makeup for a proper makeover and amazing wedding clicks.
Why should you prepare your skin for heavy bridal makeup?
Heavy bridal makeup can often dehydrate and damage your natural skin. Thus, you should prepare your skin correctly before heavy bridal makeup. Besides, preparing your skin before heavy bridal makeup helps your skin in the following ways:
- Hydration: We all know how drying-heavy bridal makeup can be for the bride’s skin. Mainly if it contains ingredients like alcohol. Thus, preparing the skin by moisturizing it first helps to prevent dryness and flakiness throughout the day.
- Smooth texture: Proper skin preparation creates a smooth base for makeup application. An even skin surface allows for a more toned and natural-looking finish.
- Pore minimization: Heavy bridal makeup without prepping skin can accentuate the appearance of pores. But when the best bridal makeup artist in Udaipur prepares your skin, it helps minimize the pores’ appearance. Using a primer, for example, can blur pores and create a smooth surface for makeup application.
- Longer wear: Preparing the skin properly can also help your wedding makeup to appear fresh for a long time. This further helps you in getting vibrant photos and confidence throughout the function.
- Better absorption: Preparing the skin also helps products absorb better. A well-prepared skin produces a more natural-looking and long-lasting finish.
Also Read: How To Choose Your Wedding Day Makeup Look
How to prepare your skin for heavy bridal makeup?
As a bride-to-be, you should follow the following steps to prepare your skin for heavy bridal makeup on your big day.
- Deeply Cleanse:
Cleansing is the very first step for preparing your skin. Always Begin by cleansing your face with a mild cleanser. Thoroughly wash your facial surface to remove any dirt, oil, or makeup residue. Always use a gentle face wash that won’t strip the skin of its natural oils. Avoid using harsh chemical soaps on your face.
- Gently Exfoliate:
Exfoliating helps your skin in a great way by removing dead skin cells from the skin. Exfoliating your skin before heavy bridal makeup can make your skin look fresh. It also reduces the chances of possible breakouts. But since it is your wedding day, experiment sparingly and use your regular scrub.
- Hydrate Beforehand:
Bridal makeup is often pretty heavy. It’s essential to hydrate your skin beforehand. Use a moisturizer appropriate for your skin type. Apply it at least 20 minutes before your makeup appointment.
- Seek Appropriate Nourishment:
You can also apply face oil or serum before beginning with bridal makeup. Serums help nourish and protect your skin from harmful elements. Follow the face serum that contains antioxidants, vitamins, and other skin-nourishing ingredients.
- Never forget a primer:
A primer helps create a smooth texture for your makeup. It also helps in minimizing the appearance of pores, making it long-lasting. Choose a primer appropriate for your skin type and apply it evenly over your face before starting the foundation layer.
After these preparation steps, you can start your routine with bridal makeup. These steps will prepare your skin for your wedding day. Besides, don’t experiment with your skin before a big event, and avoid using new products. Such experiments may result in skin irritation and breakouts. Pink & Peaches is one the best bridal makeover salon in Udaipur. If you have your wedding in the city of lakes, you can always approach us for your big day makeover. Connect with us for more information!